





During October we were involved in the Cornerstone kids camp. This year the camp was held at Silverton just outside of Broken Hill. It is a camp that is open to all the primary school aged kids in Cornerstone and friends. It is a lot of fun for the kids and it is really good for them to get to know other kids in Cornerstone.
Being in Broken Hill meant that Millie and I could attend some of it with the kids. I was able to camp out with the kids for some of it which I enjoyed. This year the theme was the story of Gladys Aylward. She was a missionary to China, who had an amazing story of commitment to God. The best thing about her life was that she was someone who came from a poor background, wasn't educated enough to be able to qualify for the missionary societies, but she believed that God was calling her to China anyway and so she went. A step of faith trusting that God would lead her. I might tell the story another time. The kids had lots of different activities that were based on her story, they listened to here story and had adventures based on her story. They really enjoyed it, even Isaac who didn't want to go at first.
No comments:
Post a Comment